Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Monday, December 16th, 2013 - The CHRISTmas Season

First off, Camden is entering the MTC on Wednesday! I can't believe he's leaving for his mission in 2 days. It's crazy how much time has flown by, it seems like yesterday I was departing for the MTC. Transfers are this Wednesday as well. I am staying in the area and Sister Wallace is leaving. I'm excited to stay here because Sierra is on date to be baptized on January 4th! The family came to church on Sunday and they enjoyed being back. The ward really reached out to all of them and helped them to feel welcomed. It was really a great Sabbath day. We also showed the Temple Presentation to two non-members who were invited by their friends to watch it. Neither of the families wanted to meet with us again to learn about the Restoration, but at least they're excited for the Temple and now they know more about it before the Open House. I can't believe the Open House starts in less than a month. We've just been building up to this for a long time and it's finally almost here!

This week we were able to go to the Mesa Temple Lights with Sierra and her family. It was beautiful and we all had a lot of fun. I'm glad we were able to go with them to experience the Visitor's Center and to see the lights all around. The light display was smaller this year than last year and there weren't as many people there when we went- which was a blessing. We were able to actually see all of the nativities from around the world. I was also able to see Sister Hamstead! Fun times to catch up with her for a few minutes!

Our Relief Society had a Christmas Party and the theme was "Women of Christmas." I really liked it since I had never seen it. It's all about the different women in the Christmas Story- Mary the mother of Jesus, Christ's grandmother, Elisabeth, Joseph's mother, the inn keeper's wife, and a Shepard's wife. I know they're not all in the Bible, but the author kept it has historically possible. It was very touching. I would recommend to look it up. I love this season of Christmas! I just wish there was snow to make it even more magical looking outside, but what really matters is what's in our hearts.

This week we had Zone Conference and I really learned a lot- I always do when the Assistants and President train us. We role played a lot and we also focused on exchanges and developing Christlike attributes. We then had a Sister's Conference later in the week where all of the 30 sisters got together. It's crazy how many sisters we have in the mission now! There are going to be 52 sisters coming in the next 4 months. CRAZY! We talked about building Zion Companionships and lifting where you stand. It was inspiring and I had a great time being with the other sisters. We had a clothing exchange, but I really don't need any more clothes! I have way too much!!

This week we did a lot of service for someone the less-actives in our ward and other members. It feels great to be serving other people in different ways than just spiritually. Some times people need to first be helped temporally before we can help them spiritually. Serving other people is the key to having them feel good and also you feel good in return. This is what life is all about! Make the most of what you have! I know looking outward will help you be happier than just looking inward all of the time. Serve those around you and you'll see the difference.

Merry Almost Christmas!
 
Love,

Sister Collins


Sierra and her family at the Mesa Temple Lights


Seeing Sister Hamstead at the Visitor's Center!