Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Tuesday, February 4th, 2014 - Transfer News!

Transfer News! Sister Beach and I are staying together for this next transfer. I'm really glad I'm not leaving the area and that we're still companions. This next transfer will be good. Transfers are on Wednesday. This morning I went to the airport with President and Sister Nattress, the Assistants, and the other STLs to go pick up the new missionaries. It was a lot of fun and they have a lot of enthusiasm. We got 10 sisters and 1 elder this transfer. I sympathized with the one elder because that's how I was when I came- just me and 18 elders. 

Yesterday we went with our investigator family to the Gilbert Temple Open House. Their fellowship is our Stake President, who's in our ward. I love walking through the temple and seeing the beauty of it as well as the special feeling. I can't wait for it to be dedicated. The family loved it and thought it was great! Right now we have the most investigators this ward has ever had at one time. We're hoping to find more people to teach though! We also went through the temple with another family in our ward with their neighbors. That was great to see their hearts softening because all of their neighbors are Mormon and they've been fellowshipping this family for quite some time. Hopefully the Temple Open house will spark something. We're hoping to get at least one Temple referral! We've also worked at the Temple twice this week. We had some great lessons with our investigators this week and we were able to see both of them twice this week. We have been seeing a lot of small miracles this week, but combined they add up to a lot. 

Also yesterday morning we went on a hike as a zone. It was supposed to be a sunrise hike, but we ended up seeing the sunrise from the car. We went with a member couple and a non member lady who knows the trails on the San Tan Mountains. This was my first time hiking and I really wasn't prepared for how much a hike it actually ended up being. lol Let's just saw I'm definitely a city girl and I think I'll stay that way. It was a lot of fun though to go as a zone. Hopefully this next transfer we'll actually be able to go on a sunrise hike and see the sunrise from the mountain.

This past week I went on my last exchange for the transfer with Sister Ball. It was a great day and we had a lot of fun. Luckily Sister Beach wasn't sick again. :) We saw a lot of miracles and it was a nice exchange to end the transfer. We also had Interviews with President this past week. The training was great from the Assistants and the Zone Leaders. After interviews we went on splits with the Relief Society presidency and we talked to a lot of people. It was crazy because we found out there was a less active sister who had moved in, but hadn't transferred her records in. I had actually talked with her while I was on exchanges and they were super excited about the Temple Open House. Well, we go to knock on this less-actives house with the relief society and there was the same woman! The Lord works in mysterious ways. How crazy that I had talked with her just the week before and she happens to be in our ward. So she's going to move her records in our ward and is excited to come back to church. Also her son and daughter-in-law are here visiting from China (who I don't think are members).    

Love, 

Sister Collins   



We had baby bunnies born at our house!


Zone Conference hike


Sis. Beach and Collins at the Gilbert Temple