Monday, March 10, 2014

Monday, March 10th, 2014 - Pray Always

This week we had a great lesson with Valerie! Since we had found out her main concern last Friday about her wanting her family to support her (which is totally understandable) we decided to talk to her about the Temple and Family History. We both shared how our families became members of this church. I shared my story about Morfar and Mormor's conversion story and then Dad's conversion. I had drawn out a little family tree showing how many people have been impacted because of their righteous decision. I also stared those in the family who had served missions and who are currently on missions. I am so thankful for Morfar and Mormor and also Dad for their decision. They were the ones who were at the right place at the right time in their lives for members and missionaries to help them Come unto Christ. I know I wouldn't be who I am if it wasn't for them. I will be forever in their debt for their courage. I know this Gospel has blessed my life and my family's lives beyond measure. Sister Beach's family is a lot different from mine since both sides of her family have been in the church for generations so she shared the story of when they joined the church. Valerie said she knows the church is true and when we asked her where she saw herself in 5 years she said a part of the church, married in the Gilbert Temple, and maybe one kid. She had talked with her mother who told her she should go to church this Sunday! Miracle! Now she just needs to talk with all of her extended family. She said she was going to church this Sunday for Stake Conference, but she had slept over at her cousin's house in Mesa and had slept in. Too bad, but I know next Sunday she will hopefully come to church! 

Stake Conference was amazing! It was on Hastening the Work and President and Sister Nattress were guest speakers. They showed a great video called "I'll Go Where You Want Me to Go" from the World Wide Broadcast in June. It's a powerful video showing how easy doing missionary work is for every person in a family. It all starts out with our own preparation with how we pray and read our scriptures. They didn't have to go out of their way to find those people to help and they involved the missionaries in their efforts to help their neighbors. We need to all work together to help those to come and follow the Good Shepard. It can be done in simple, but profound ways. 

Sierra and Preston are getting baptized this Saturday and we're super excited! Sister Beach has been sick the past couple of days so we didn't get as much done as we would have liked to, but I'm glad she's feeling a lot better now. 
I am so glad Heavenly Father is in charge because He does know all. He is the Gardner of our Lives. He knows everyone's heart when we certainly do not. I am grateful for the power of prayer and the Holy Ghost who is able to give us guidance and the power of discernment as well as feelings of peace and comfort. I love Doctrine and Covenants 90:24: "Search diligently, pray always, and be believing, and all things shall work together for your good, if ye walk uprightly and remember the covenant wherewith ye have covenanted one with another." 

Love, 

Sister Collins