Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Monday, November 11th, 2013 - #oldtimerstatus

Happy Year Mark to Me! Crazy to think I was in the MTC this time last year. Time has gone by so fast; too fast. And what an interesting day it was for my Year Mark. #oldtimerstatus. We had contracted strep throat along the way of going about doing missionary work. I spent the morning first going to the doctor that day and then being quarantined for the next four days, where we did puzzles, colored in our coloring books, played monopoly deal, slept, read the scriptures, and generally went crazy with having to be inside. #compbondingtime. The members have been so kind! The news we were sick spread like wildfire. We received at least one bowl of soup and rolls every day. Also we went to Zupas (My new favorite restaurant- sorry Panera) and there was a whole table to woman. They paid for our lunch and expressed that most of them at missionaries out. So cute! 

This Sunday we had transfer calls! I am leaving and second half training. In President Nattress' own words, "It's going to be a new adventure for you, Sister Collins, and we will talk more at interviews." Nothing like that phrase to keep me awake at night wondering what it could possibly be. So on Wednesday it should be interesting to see what my "new adventure" entails. I will miss everyone here and serving here. I know this is what the Lord wants me to do and I will "go and do." Whatever is my new adventure, I know the Lord will be " on [my] right hand and on [my] left, and [His] Spirit shall be in [my] heart, and [His] angels round about [me] to bear [me] up" (D&C 84:88). Sister Huefner is training! I'm excited for her and for the area. Things are in the uphill and it's been exciting to be part of it. I have full confidence in Sister Huefner's abilities. 

Sorry there's not much this week, but I do know how much our Savior loves each one of us! I love the the Book of Mormon and the comfort and counsel it gives me. Read it!

Love, 
Sister Collins

P.S. Remember that AIRBOX picture? That's how our mailbox has looked this week, which has been sad. If you write me, I'll always write you back! :) Plus you get to have a more personalized letter, and who wouldn't want that? Thanks much!