Monday, April 14, 2014

Monday, April 14, 2014 - The Absolutely Crazy Life of Sister Collins

WARNING: You thought the last letter was crazy. This letter will be even crazier.

Currently I have no companion. Sister Gardner needed to go home last Wednesday due to medical reasons- she just needs to work out some things. Currently I am sleeping at Sister Monson and Mireles' house with them and I go with them to church and on Mondays. They drop me off in the morning and pick me up at night. I still have all of my stuff at my last apartment so I'm living out of a suitcase and getting clothes every night. Luckily they live a stone's throw away from my apartment, I really do not want to pack up everything for a third time and move it when I just have to pack it right back up pretty soon.

What even happened this week? It's been a whirlwind. I know I went on exchanges... I exchange with 2 companionship's a day. This past week I exchanged with 7 companionship's. They're going good and everyone seems to like the training and then we go out a proselyte. I really crave going out and teaching. I really do not know how I worked in an office all day before my mission.

Here's some of the miracles that happened while I was on exchanges:
While I was with Sisters Baldwin and Russell (actually in one of my old areas. It was fun to eat with the people I knew before) we street contacted with man named Michael. I started talking with him and pretty soon he was bearing his soul to me and telling us his whole life's story. We taught and testified and gave him a Book of Mormon to read. The sisters have a return appointment with him tonight. He's been through so much in his life and is ready for the Gospel. I hope all goes well!

I got to go to the Easter Pageant on Friday because the sisters I went on exchanges with were going with their investigator. It was just as good as last year and I am so grateful I got to go this year. I was a little worried, but the Lord always provides. The Spirit is so powerful with the production. It testifies that indeed Jesus is the Christ and how much everything is possible because of Him. Oh! Watch this video that's only up for the week before Easter: mormon.org/becauseofhim (share this video with all of your friends!). My life is possible Because of Him. Because of Him I can live again with my family and with Heavenly Father. Because of Him I feel peace and comfort in my life. Because of Him I know who I am, why I am here, and where we're going. Because of Him I know He knows exactly what I have ever gone through, am going through, and will go through. Because of Him I try to do what He would have me do and be who He would want me to be. I am eternally grateful for His loving sacrifice especially this Easter week. Remember Him always!

This coming Saturday Kristie, Hailey, and Jacob are getting baptized. I've taught them 3 times now with Sister Monson and Mireles. They're a solid family and are so excited to be baptized. I'm so happy I am able to be a small part of teaching them the lessons.

Keep the Faith! Have a great week!

Love,

Sister Collins