Monday, April 21, 2014

Monday, April 21, 2014 - Because of Him

This past Saturday Kristi, Jacob, and Haley were baptized! The room was packed and the Spirit was so strong! They have changed so much since the missionaries have started meeting with them. Kristi's non-member mother came and felt the Spirit. I'm hoping her heart will continue to be softened and will want to listen to the missionaries in the near future. The fullness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ changes everyone who lets it into their hearts. I know I have been changed by applying the principles of faith, repentance, baptism, receiving the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. How marvelous it is to be a part of helping people come unto Christ. I love being a missionary!

I have been a part of many many miracles this past week. I have to say I love going on exchanges and helping the sisters have fun and do missionary work. I love meeting their investigators and being invited to their baptisms this 
next Saturday. On almost every exchange I've been on we've either found a new investigator or put their investigator on date. The tender mercies of the Lord! The Arizona Gilbert Mission IS the greatest mission in the world! I have come to love Arizona (dirt and all). I will forever treasure my mission and all of the people I have met along the way. I wouldn't take back anything in these past 18 months- the good and the bad. All of the good far outweighs the hard things I've been through on my mission. A mission is 100% worth it. It changes you in ways you never thought you needed to change. I have come to know my Savior more intimately than I had ever before. I have learned to trust in Heavenly Father 100% so that I can qualify for the miracles I know the people I meet deserve. The success I've had on my mission is all because of Him. He makes everything possible. I am grateful He has allowed me to be an instrument in His hands.

Happy Belated Easter! I hope you were all able to watch "Because of Him" on mormon.org this past week. Every time I watch the video, the Spirit confirms to me Jesus is the Christ and how lucky we are that He loved us so much that He preformed the Atonement. "He lives! What comfort this sweet sentence gives. I know that my Redeemer lives." When we repent daily, we will feel His Atonement working within us so that we can have peace and happiness throughout our day. I have gained a strong testimony of repenting daily because I am nowhere close to being perfect and I have so much I need to ask His forgiveness for. Exercise your faith by asking Him what His will is. He will tell us by the quiet whisperings of the Holy Ghost. I am so grateful for the gift of the Holy Ghost and the influence it's had in my life to comfort me, make decisions, and to know truth.

Continue to think about Christ and to share your testimony with others! He lives and He is always there!

Love, 

Sister Collins


Kristi, Jacob, and Haley's baptism!